Monday, April 28, 2014

Brady & George venture to Marion, IL.


I had the honor of traveling to Marion, IL over Easter weekend with my awesome friend Brady! On my visit Brady took me to the historic town square in Marion, IL and while we were there we were able to observe the towering clock tower in the middle of the square. On the square there are many historic buildings that give the square that "old, yet elegant" look. The Marion Cultural and Civic Center can be found on the square as well. It used to be named the Orpheum Theater building when it was first built all the way back in 1922! Unfortunately the building burnt caught fire in 1997, but the new Civic Center was built using parts of the old Orpheum Theater. There are plenty of other historic buildings on the square, but the centerpiece is the 93 ft. tall clock tower! The clock was so massive that before we left I could not help but to ANNOY
Brady and say, "but first let me take a selfie." Hehehe

Trip: 18 miles
Total miles: 2129.2 miles
37° 43' 50" N
88° 55' 37" W

No comments:

Post a Comment