Wednesday, April 30, 2014

George and James Take a Walk


Name: James
Miles from Wham: 2.75 Miles
Coordinates: 37.730548"N, -89.227795"W
Total Mileage on the dog: 2131.95 Miles


People looked at us strange as James carried me down North Oakland Avenue toward a foreboding gray concrete building. If I had walked myself it would have taken me nearly an hour to get there, but there are a lot of mean stray dogs in this neighborhood so James offered to carry me. He showed me the old Illinois National Guard Armory. It was built many years ago by the CCC, but over the past handful of years it has sat dormant. It was recently put on bid by the city of Carbondale and was purchased for various business purposes. I enjoyed the architecture and unique design of the building. I can say that it is certainly not something you see everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment